Tuesday, August 18, 2009

22 & 23

WoW! Can't believed I got through this. It was a difficult for me because we are such a small library, understaffed, and summer reading was upon us. But I made it and have to say it was well worth my time. However, I do wish I could have spent more time on the project. I do want to go back this fall through everything again and learn a bit more about each of these 23 Things and incorporate them into my daily life.
Most of the things I had heard of, but were unfamiliar with, others I had played with some, but not a pro. I plan on sharing my knowledge with the staff and try to implement some of these into our library. My favorite things was Flickr and learning how to make a blog!
I was least impressed with the social sites. I guess because I just don't have the time to invest in these. I have promised myself to choose at least one social site however and just get with it.
This granny is still not a savvy tech, but at least I have learned enough to carry on a conversation with a patron. I have learned so many new words and definitions and I thank everyone who planned this course! It truly was information I would not have learned otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment